Specific Site Groups
Talking things over often helps individuals to come to terms with a cancer diagnosis. People often find it encouraging and inspirational to talk to others who have been through similar experiences.
To assist individuals to gain strength and learn more from others who have gone through similar experiences, the charity operates a number of site specific cancer groups.
Further to hearing and learning from others, Cancer Nurse Specialists and other clinicians regularly attend the peer support meetings to help answer questions and address any worries and concerns of those affected.
Specific peer support groups we currently have available on-site include:
- Bowel Cancer Group – meetings take place on the 1st Thursday of each month from 11am onwards
- Breast Cancer Care Group – meetings take place 2nd Tuesday of each month from 2pm onwards
- Gynae Cancer Group – meetings take place 4th Wednesday of each month from 2pm onwards
- Ladies Night – meetings take place 2nd Tuesday of each month from 6pm onwards
- Prostate Cancer Group – meetings take place 3rd Tuesday of each month from 2pm onwards
- Rainbow Breast Reconstruction Group – meetings take place 3rd Thursday of each month from 10.30am onwards
- Skin Cancer Group – meetings take place 2nd Thursday of each month from 11am onwards
- Upper GI Cancer Group – quarterly meetings held in March/June/September/December
Full details regarding the above meetings, and information about special events or guest speakers can be found in our newsletter (LINK), or please contact us for further details either by telephone, e-mail or in person.
Let us help
Get in touch with our friendly staff for more information about any of our services. Our office is open Monday to Friday 9AM-5PM. You can visit our contact page for details for feel free to fill out our contact form.