Specific Site Groups
Talking things over often helps individuals to come to terms with a cancer diagnosis. People often find it encouraging and inspirational to talk to others who have been through similar experiences.
To assist individuals to gain strength and learn more from others who have gone through similar experiences, the charity operates a number of site specific cancer groups.
Further to hearing and learning from others, Cancer Nurse Specialists and other clinicians regularly attend the peer support meetings to help answer questions and address any worries and concerns of those affected.
Specific peer support groups we currently have available on-site include:
- Breast Cancer Care Group – meetings take place 2nd Tuesday of each month from 2pm onwards
- Gynae Cancer Group – meetings take place 4th Wednesday of each month from 2pm onwards
- Prostate Cancer Group – meetings take place 3rd Tuesday of each month from 2pm onwards
- Rainbow Breast Reconstruction Group – meetings take place 3rd Thursday of each month from 10.30am onwards
- Skin Cancer Group – meetings take place 2nd Thursday of each month from 11am onwards
- Upper GI Cancer Group – quarterly meetings held in March/June/September/December
We also hold a Bereavement Hub on the second Monday of each month between 2pm – 4pm. The hub is open to anyone who has suffered a bereavement and is an informal, friendly place to meet others who have experienced loss and grief. There’s no need to book in advance and you can drop in any time between 2pm – 4pm.
Full details regarding the above meetings, and information about special events or guest speakers can be found in our newsletter, or you can contact us for further details either by telephone, e-mail or in person.